Do you feel like you’re losing opportunities by not tapping into the power of LinkedIn?
Do you wonder “What do I do now?” and, more importantly, “How do I do it?” when you look at your LinkedIn profile?
Here are eight simple, easy and proven steps you can take today to get started.
1. Next Step. To be seen and heard on LinkedIn, it’s most effective to start with planning your profile.
Specifically, what is the next step you want your LinkedIn profile viewers to take? This will be the basis for everything that you do on LinkedIn.
2. Keywords. What are the keywords your Ideal Clients are using to search for you?
Then, with these first two pieces of information you can create your compelling and engaging headline, summary and position titles and descriptions.
3. Headline. For maximum effectiveness, think of your LinkedIn profile headline as a mini-billboard…you want to catch LinkedIn members’ attention as they’re scrolling through hundreds of search results or when they view your profile. You want to draw them in, keep them reading, start a relationship with them where they know, like and trust you and want to take the next step with you.
4. Summary. Your LinkedIn Summary is like a mini-sales page that again invites your profile viewers to take the next step with you and starts to establish your credibility.
5. Positions. For obvious reasons, include only positions that support your primary LinkedIn profile objective.
Your LinkedIn profile is a powerful source for bolstering your credibility and legitimacy. It shows that you are who you say you are and it’s best if your website, other social media channels and in-person presence are all consistent and congruent.
6. Connect. Connect with your on- and off-line network. Ideally, you want at least 50 connections and 500 is optimum to be seen as legitimate and credible.
7. Groups. Join the groups where your Ideal Clients are most receptive and start sharing your expertise. This will position you as a thought leader and drive traffic to your website.
For example, if your best clients are coaches, do a search for those groups and then join them.
8. Picture. Upload an attractive headshot to engage your ideal clients. It seems obvious but warrants mentioning… For tips on getting a good headshot, click here to download Scott Kline’s free 10-page guide on how to look great in your headshot. He did my headshot.
As you implement these 8 steps and “put the pedal to the (LinkedIn) metal,” you’ll start to see the LinkedIn ball rolling…you can start getting the clients you want and can be at a better place with your business. You’ll be moving forward and getting things cooking with your business, and utilizing all LinkedIn offers to catapult and generate great results!
If you’re interested in getting more details on how to quickly and easily get better results from LinkedIn, click here to qualify for your complimentary LinkedIn Results strategy session with me to explore that…and to find out what you can do to have a results breakthrough.
I have a limited number of appointments available and request that only people who are serious about dramatically increasing their results on LinkedIn and ready to take the next step apply for a time to talk.
QUESTION: What’s your experience been with getting your LinkedIn Profile up to speed? Please let me know in the comments below.
© 2014 ChristineHueber.com
WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR NEWSLETTER OR ON YOUR WEBSITE? You can, as long as you include this complete text with it:
“Marketing mentor Christine Hueber teaches business owners and entrepreneurs around the world how to create and manage profitable LinkedIn marketing that easily gets them more clients. Get her FREE report ‘Top 10 LinkedIn Success Secrets for Entrepreneurs’ at www.ChristineHueber.com“