You can spend a lot of time on LinkedIn, and maybe even have a lot of contacts, but still have no sales and no clients.
I know what it’s like to feel that you’re invisible to millions of LinkedIn members…and if you are noticed, it’s by the wrong people!
I’ve gone from having an account and not really knowing what to do with it, to getting 99% of my new clients from LinkedIn because they found me!
How did I increase my LinkedIn visibility?
By creating a system that attracts my Ideal Clients to me, by having them raise their hands, asking for what I offer.
Implementing my system initially might seem like a lot to do, but once you have the foundation laid, it’s highly automated and even fun as you see the results come pouring in!
Here’s how you can get started increasing your LinkedIn visibility…
1. Make the most of your keywords. Used properly, your keywords will increase your appearance in search, which increases your LinkedIn visibility and helps your profile stand out from all the others.
This means wherever and as much as possible, use your keywords in your profile…especially in your headline, summary, current and past position titles and descriptions. I saw my appearances in search increase over 135% when I made one simple keyword change!
2. Find your Ideal Clients on LinkedIn. What groups are your Ideal Clients in on LinkedIn, which companies do they follow? Use what you already know about your Ideal Clients to systematically target those positions and industries.
BONUS TIP: Make use of the advanced search function to proactively engage with specific individuals. For example, if your Ideal Client is a small business owner, join those small business groups.
More specifically, look at an Ideal Client’s profile and join the groups they belong to, follow the companies they do and find out all you can about where they are on LinkedIn and what’s important to them.
3. Leverage groups. Share your expertise to increase your LinkedIn visibility and distinguish yourself. This means consistently sharing your content and having a strategy for converting group members into contacts.
4. Welcome new contacts. Have a highly automated system for welcoming your new Ideal Client contacts to your network. You know as a member yourself how seldom this is done at all…let alone effectively!
It’s a tremendous opportunity make yourself more visible right from the start to new contacts, distinguish yourself to the right people and set yourself apart from others in your industry by providing value.
5. Nurture your network. Again, something very few members do effectively.
Increase your LinkedIn visibility and make yourself top of mind by consistently cultivating your network.
To distinguish yourself to the right people, provide value to them! What does your Ideal Client want to know about? How can you make their life easier?
Post consistent, compelling updates to keep you top of mind and help you be viewed as a thought leader and expert in your field.
BONUS TIP: Use the right tools to make increasing your LinkedIn visibility easy and fast.
6. Maximize LinkedIn Publishing. Increase your LinkedIn visibility and distinguish yourself to the right people by strategically sharing your expertise in your post articles.
Imagine being able to promote yourself effectively because you know exactly how to do it strategically!
When you take these 6 simple steps, you’ll get your LinkedIn visibility ball rolling and start attracting your Ideal Clients to you.
Question: What will you do this week to increase your LinkedIn visibility and distinguish yourself to the right people?
If you want more customized LinkedIn visibility advice that applies to your exact situation, click here to apply for a complimentary LinkedIn Profits Strategy Session.
© 2016 ChristineHueber.com
WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR NEWSLETTER OR WEB SITE? You can, as long as you include this complete text with it:
“Marketing mentor Christine Hueber teaches business owners and entrepreneurs around the world how to create and manage profitable marketing that easily gets them more clients. Get her FREE report ‘Top 10 LinkedIn Profile Marketing Secrets for Entrepreneurs’ at www.ChristineHueber.com“