I was coaching my HR/Talent Management/Leadership Development consultant client, Victor Assad, yesterday on getting the message out about his expertise and helping him with fine-tuning. In the short time since he’s put the basics in place with my help (more on that below), he’s already seeing more profile views on LinkedIn and getting calls for work.
But what is getting your message out about your expertise exactly?
And, more importantly, how do you do it effectively, without being overwhelmed or annoying?
How To Get The Message Out About Your Expertise
In short, it’s getting your message out to your Ideal Clients about your expertise where they’re most receptive to it…where you can cultivate a relationship with them by providing value; they get to know, like and trust you; and you’re top of mind when they or someone they know needs your expertise.
So how do you do it?
Done scatter-shot…without a system…getting your message out can be overwhelming, confusing and draining…not to mention annoy your Ideal Clients and give you zero results.
If you have a system, it can be easy and even fun (really!) because you know exactly what to do, when, and how to do it. And you see the results coming in from what you do: engagement, leads and clients.
Here are the 5 simple steps of my system to get your message out about your expertise…easily and quickly:
1. Blog. This is where it all starts, where you share an appetizer of your expertise, the proverbial “tip of the iceberg,” and invite your readers to take the next step with you.
2. Social Media. Share your blog on your Social Media channels and get your message out. I’ve created a system that lets you share your expertise, promote, differentiate my brand and cultivate relationships…all in 5 minutes a day!
3. LinkedIn Groups. Get your message out about your expertise by sharing your blog in the LinkedIn Groups where your Ideal Clients and your Ideal Partners are. You can join up to 50 groups and sharing can be done to all of those groups with a click of a button…easy!
4. LinkedIn Publishing. Post your blog and get your message out about your expertise and get visibility not only on all of LinkedIn, but also the entire online universe!
5. Newsletter. Finally, share your expertise with your community and get your message out to them. They’ve already committed to a relationship with you by giving you their email address. Emailing them your latest article keeps you top of mind with them, cultivates the relationship and the “know, like and trust” factor, and positions you as an expert and thought leader.
When you put these pieces of getting your message out about your expertise together as I’ve outlined above, you’ll be thrilled with the increased engagement, leads and business you see coming your way!
If you want more details on how to quickly and easily get better results from LinkedIn, click here to qualify for your complimentary LinkedIn Results strategy session with me to explore that…and to find out what you can do to have a results breakthrough. I have a limited number of appointments available and request that only people who are serious about dramatically increasing their results on LinkedIn and ready to take the next step apply for a time to talk.
Was this article helpful? Another resource that may help you is 6 Essentials for an Effective LinkedIn System. Let me know if this was helpful by commenting below and feel free to share with others…especially on LinkedIn!
© 2015 ChristineHueber.com
WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR NEWSLETTER OR WEB SITE? You can, as long as you include this complete text with it:
“Marketing mentor Christine Hueber teaches business owners and entrepreneurs around the world how to create and manage profitable marketing that easily gets them more clients. Get her FREE report ‘Top 10 LinkedIn Success Secrets for Entrepreneurs’ at www.ChristineHueber.com“