Sales brings in money.
Sales is the fastest way to increase your bottom line, your profits…and sales finishes the job that marketing starts.
And, in the end, everything in life involves a sale…from your family and friends, to getting what you want in your day-to-day life, to your business.
To get the best sales results on a regular basis, you need a step-by-step sales process system to help you better monetize your leads.
If you aren’t getting the sales results you want, it’s not your fault…you probably don’t have a sales system that’s simple and easy to use…consistently.
Here are the 6 proven steps of my Sales Results system that can get you more sales:
1. Engage. Everything starts here. Create a relationship with your Ideal Clients by sharing compelling content that hits their hot buttons. Focus on sharing what gets them excited and the results are they looking for.
Position yourself as an expert and thought leader and nurture your relationship so your Ideal Clients get to know, like and trust you and are willing to buy from you.
2. Lead. Find out if your audience has an urgent problem that you solve. Then tell them what to do next by inviting them to take the next step with you in your selling cycle.
Your leads want to be romanced, loved and appreciated. So sell the romance…the experience they’ll have, the results they’ll enjoy…the outcomes and transformations you offer.
BONUS TIP: Create your own prospects by offering an irresistible gift to begin a relationship with you. This means you control who you’ll be talking to.
For example, if you’re a orthopedic surgeon, create a report that potential patients can use as a checklist when they’re evaluating which surgeon to choose for an upcoming procedure and title it, “10 Questions to Ask Before Choosing an Orthopedic Surgeon.”
ADVANCED BONUS TIP: Qualify your leads to get them prepared for their appointment with you…so they feel the need to sell you on accepting them and so selling becomes proforma. This means that you then get to sell at a higher level, with far less price sensitivity. Note: you must have the leads to do this.
VERY ADVANCED BONUS TIP: Charge for your gift to drive away non-qualified, uncommitted leads who are unable or unwilling to invest in their success.
3. Assess. Schedule incoming calls (they close better than emails) so you can be prepared to ask questions that go deeper into the urgent problem you can solve for them so they see the gap between where they are and where they want to be. What’s holding them back? What is it costing them in money, time, emotions? Have a serious approach and be professional. This is all about determining if you can help them.
YOU define the agenda, so be clear and concise. Because remember, a confused mind says no.
BONUS TIP: Have a script that you make your own, while still being curious about your prospect. For example, think about great standup comics…they have a script and they work with their audience too.
ADVANCED BONUS TIP: Charge for your assessment appointments.
4. Inspire. Connect emotionally…turn the pain into hope. Ask about why their need is important, how things would be different if they had the solution you offer.
5. Imagine. Paint the picture of the experience they’ll have and what’s possible for them. Ask questions about what it will mean for them and how it would feel.
6. Offer…but only if they’re asking! That way you’re authentic and not pushy or salesy.
And let’s face it, if they aren’t asking for what you provide at this stage, they certainly aren’t your Ideal Client and you’re better off wishing them well and staying in touch with them via your newsletter.
So describe and sell the transformation you provide in their words, based on what you learned are their top priorities from Step 3, Diagnose. Show your Ideal Client what’s possible when they commit to action.
Focus on the outcome they’ll receive and what they want and need and make the result relevant to them, what it means for them.
Use language like this:
* What you need is…(and prescribe a solution).
* What do you think?
* Would you like a, b or c? This is where you are, this is what you want to accomplish…you could do…
For example, when Disney sells their timeshares, they offer a matrix of choices based on what you told them.
VERY IMPORTANT! Make your offer and let it sink in. Have the discipline to be quiet until they speak.
Keep in mind that sales are the second key to having a thriving, successful business. You need leads first, then sales, and then referrals. And to master sales you must have a strategy for selling to your leads.
If you want more details on how to quickly and easily master your sales results, click here to apply for your complimentary Sales Results strategy session with me to explore that and to find out what you can do to have a results breakthrough. I have a limited number of appointments available and request that only people who are serious about dramatically increasing their sales apply for a time to talk.
Question: What is your #1 challenge when it comes to sales? What else would you like me to write about for you? Please let me know in the comments below.
© 2014 ChristineHueber.com
WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR NEWSLETTER OR ON YOUR WEBSITE? You can, as long as you include this complete text with it:
“Marketing mentor Christine Hueber teaches business owners and entrepreneurs around the world how to create and manage profitable LinkedIn marketing that easily gets them more clients. Get her FREE report ‘Top 10 LinkedIn Success Secrets for Entrepreneurs’ at www.ChristineHueber.com“