This week I was talking with a consultant in the UK who found me in LinkedIn Groups.
He has a lot on his plate…he’s finalizing his first business management book and launching it, starting his consulting business after being a corporate employee for years and growing his brand. He also wants to fine-tune his social media presence.
But the number one thing he needs help with in his business right now is getting clients to hire his consultancy services.
He’s looking for a structured marketing plan of what to do and how to get his message out.
He also sees the potential of LinkedIn…he’s used LinkedIn Groups before, was sharing content and had engagement, but no conversions. It’s important that he maximize his activity on LinkedIn.
He’s very interested in an automated marketing system that would save him time, help him be more efficient in sharing his content and also cast a wide net…all within a structured, systematic approach that he can stick to.
If his story sounds like yours, you’ll love this simple and effective Marketing Plan to get consulting or any professional clients:
1. Optimize your LinkedIn Profile for getting clients. Position yourself as an expert and thought leader, who is legitimate and credible and invite your audience to take the next step with you.
2. Post engaging updates on LinkedIn and other Social Media channels. If you have the right system and tools you can do it in 5 minutes a day. Use an effective mix of content and promotion to attract your Ideal Clients and Referral Partners to you.
BONUS TIP: When you simplify and automate your social media presence you’ll have the time, attention and energy to focus on other aspects of your business
3. LinkedIn Publishing is a powerful way to get your message out and cast a wide net for leads.
4. Get conversions from LinkedIn Groups. Strategically share your message…with a click of a button…in groups where your Ideal Clients and Partners are and invite them to take the next step with you.
5. Blog! Share your expertise and invite your readers to take the next step with you toward becoming your client. If you have the right system, it can be easy, fast and fun.
6. Email Marketing. Stay top of mind and cultivate a relationship with those who have already shown they are interested in your services by giving you their email and allowing you to market to them. Reward that trust by consistently sharing your expertise with them and inviting those who want more to take the next step with you.
BONUS TIP: I recommend email marketing provider MailChimp. It’s what I use and is free for 2,000 subscribers.
If you want more details on how to create a marketing plan that results in clients, click here to schedule your complimentary Marketing Results strategy session with me to explore that and to find out what you can do to have a results breakthrough. I have a limited number of appointments available and request that only people who are serious about dramatically increasing their marketing results schedule a time to talk.
Was this article helpful? Let me know if it was helpful by commenting below and feel free to share with others…especially on LinkedIn!
© 2015 ChristineHueber.com
WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR NEWSLETTER OR WEB SITE? You can, as long as you include this complete text with it:
“Marketing mentor Christine Hueber teaches business owners and entrepreneurs around the world how to create and manage profitable marketing that easily gets them more clients. Get her FREE report ‘Top 10 LinkedIn Success Secrets for Entrepreneurs’ at www.ChristineHueber.com“