If you have duplicate accounts/profiles on LinkedIn, what do you do to merge them?
This is one of the most commonly asked questions and easily resolved.
- Keep the account with the most relevant contacts/content
- Export the contacts from the account you’ll close (Contacts tab, export in the lower right)
- Upload the contacts to the account you’ll keep
- Copy and paste the content you want from the account you’re closing to the account you’ll keep
- Log in to and close the other account via the Settings link in the menu under your name, top right of the LinkedIn screen
- Add all your emails to the remaining account via Settings as well so it’s easier to accept invitations going forward
What else would you like to know about how to optimize your LinkedIn presence?