If you use Groups…especially for sharing your expertise and generating leads…you’ve no doubt noticed some LinkedIn Groups changes.
Here’s the scoop:
* Standard and unlisted groups (formerly open and closed).
* All Groups are now private and members only.
* Updated content filtering.
* Promotions tab and subgroups removed.
* LinkedIn Groups iOS mobile app.
* Attach images in discussions.
When you start a conversation, you can click the Image icon in the lower left corner of the conversation window to upload your image.
Note: Currently, you can’t post images in comment replies to a conversation.
* Member Approval in Standard Groups
* Mentions in Group Conversations
You can now reference other group members and bring them into a conversation by typing “@” followed by the group member’s name.
– Click their name from the dropdown menu to mention them in your conversation. This notifies others to view and participate, driving more engagement around your conversations.
– You can mention a group member when you start a conversation or when you comment on an existing conversation.
* Groups Highlights and Email Digests
* Content Moderation
If you want to attract your Ideal Clients, here’s good news about how the LinkedIn Group changes impact your discussions:
– Conversations will now be posted instantly to a group without the need for manager approval.
– Group owners, managers, and moderators can still remove off-topic conversations and place members in moderation.
– Other group members can also flag inappropriate comments and conversations after they’ve been posted.
BONUS TIP: To cultivate relationships and maximize lead generation with the LinkedIn Groups changes, be sure to share valuable content and cultivate group members who engage with your content.
If you’re interested in getting more details on how to quickly and easily get better results from LinkedIn, click here to qualify for your complimentary LinkedIn Results strategy session with me. We’ll explore and find out what you can do to have a results breakthrough. I have a limited number of appointments available and request that only people who are serious about dramatically increasing their results on LinkedIn and ready to take the next step apply for a time to talk.
Did this help you with the LinkedIn Groups changes? If so, I would greatly appreciate it if you commented below and shared this article on LinkedIn.
© 2015 ChristineHueber.com
WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE ON LINKEDIN GROUPS CHANGES IN YOUR NEWSLETTER OR ON YOUR WEBSITE? You can, as long as you include this complete text with it:
“Marketing mentor Christine Hueber teaches business owners and entrepreneurs around the world how to create and manage effective marketing that easily gets them better results. Get her FREE report ‘Top 10 LinkedIn Success Secrets for Entrepreneurs’ at www.ChristineHueber.com“
If you enjoyed this article on LinkedIn Groups changes, please share it on Twitter and comment below.
Adapted from: LinkedIn Help