If you have duplicate LinkedIn accounts/profiles, what do you do to merge them?
Updated 12/2015: It used to be very complicated to merge duplicate LinkedIn accounts, as you can see below.
The good news is that now you can message the Help Center and they will do it for you.
How to merge duplicate LinkedIn accounts is one of the most commonly asked questions about LinkedIn.
- Keep the account with the most relevant contacts/content
- Export the contacts from the account you’ll close (Contacts tab, export in the lower right)
- Upload the contacts to the account you’ll keep
- Copy and paste the content you want from the account you’re closing to the account you’ll keep
- Log in to and close the other account via the Settings link in the menu under your name, top right of the LinkedIn screen
- Add all your emails to the remaining account via Settings as well so it’s easier to accept invitations going forward
If you’re interested in getting more details on how to quickly and easily get better results from LinkedIn, click here to qualify for your complimentary LinkedIn Results strategy session with me to explore that…and to find out what you can do to have a results breakthrough. I have a limited number of appointments available and request that only people who are serious about dramatically increasing their results on LinkedIn and ready to take the next step apply for a time to talk.
QUESTION: Did you get value from this article on how to merge duplicate LinkedIn accounts? Please let me know in the comments below and share it on your favorite social media site!
© 2015 ChristineHueber.com
WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR NEWSLETTER OR ON YOUR WEBSITE? You can, as long as you include this complete text with it:
“Marketing mentor Christine Hueber teaches business owners and entrepreneurs around the world how to create and manage profitable LinkedIn marketing that easily gets them more clients. Get her FREE report ‘Top 10 LinkedIn Success Secrets for Entrepreneurs’ at www.ChristineHueber.com“