On a recent call with a new LinkedIn marketing client who has a successful translation business and wants to transition into coaching other translators just starting out, she asked me: “Christine…what do I do with my LinkedIn profile? How do I adjust my profile to reflect my new business direction?”
I hear this question often from my community and you might be in the same situation as well…how do you effectively share your new business focus and expertise with your LinkedIn contacts and audience?
For my client, as an example, she wants to share what she’s learned in building her successful translating business with other translators who are just starting out…so they can grow profitable translation businesses too.
So if this is your situation, let me share with you five of the LinkedIn profile recommendations I gave my client. (And if it’s not your situation, this is a good review to make sure your profile is as effective as possible.)
Starting from the top of your LinkedIn profile, here are my five recommendations to quickly and easily update your LinkedIn profile to reflect your new business:
1. Headline. One of the first things I recommend is to update your headline with your new keywords and call to action. This means you decide what your new keywords are and what the next step is you want your viewers to take. For example, do you want them to visit your website to receive free tools or a gift?
BONUS TIP: Remember that your headline also appears in search results and your group posts so make it compelling and engaging…it’s really like a billboard for you.
2. Contact Information. Update your contact information with any new websites or social media profiles.
BONUS TIP: Choose Other from the drop down menu and add your keyword rich website name.
3. Summary. Your summary is really like a mini-sales page, so you want to:
4. Positions. Modify your positions so they reflect your new business direction and your new keywords. This means keep or adjust your positions so that all are relevant. Also add a new position that reflects your new direction.BONUS TIP: As you update your positions, your LinkedIn connections will be notified of your activity. This gives you additional visibility that can drive traffic to your profile and leads to your business.For the greatest impact, update one position daily. This makes you still more visible and increases your know, like and trust factor.
ADVANCED BONUS TIP: Add images wherever possible to your profile, for example in your positions and summary, to make your LinkedIn “show” more compelling!
5. Groups. Join LinkedIn Groups where your new audience is. For my client, for example, she’s now looking at joining Groups where other translators are…especially those just starting out who will benefit most from her experience of building a successful translating business.
When you follow these five simple, easy steps, you’ll feel like my client…on your way, confident in what you’re doing on LinkedIn, like you can make results happen and with more hope as you move forward in a new direction with your business.
And if you’re interested in getting more details on what to do with your LinkedIn profile and how to adjust it to get better results, click here to qualify for your complimentary LinkedIn Results strategy session with me to explore that…and to find out what you can do to have a results breakthrough. I have a limited number of appointments available and request that only people who are serious about dramatically increasing their results on LinkedIn and ready to take the next step apply for a time to talk.
Question: How do update your LinkedIn profile to reflect changes in your business? What’s worked best for YOU to make your LinkedIn profile more effective? Leave a comment below and tell us your favorite LinkedIn profile strategies.
Did This Help You? If so, I would greatly appreciate it if you commented below and shared on Facebook.
© 2015 ChristineHueber.com
WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR NEWSLETTER OR WEB SITE? You can, as long as you include this complete text with it:
“Marketing mentor Christine Hueber teaches business owners and entrepreneurs around the world how to create and manage profitable LinkedIn marketing that easily gets them more clients. Get her FREE report ‘Top 10 LinkedIn Success Secrets for Entrepreneurs’ at www.ChristineHueber.com“