Your LinkedIn network can be one of your biggest assets as you build your business. It gives you the power of marketing to a global audience of over 300 million professionals, entrepreneurs and business owners.
There are many ways to grow and nurture your LinkedIn network, and one thing you’ll definitely need is a system. A system that ensures you’re doing the right thing at the right time for maximum impact and the best possible results.
But be forewarned: If you want people to actually join your network on LinkedIn and become your clients, there are several crucial components you must incorporate into your system to make sure it works and inspires ACTION.
The most important is that you lead with value. It could be sharing your expertise, offering referrals, introductions or something of value for free…like a teleseminar, a report, an audio, a video training, etc.
And you’ll get a far better response from other LinkedIn members when you personalize your interactions as much as possible…it always pays.
So, what does your LinkedIn system need?
There are many elements that can increase your results, but to give you a quick start I’ve broken it down into 6 essentials:
1. Attract. How will you get the attention of the 225+ million other LinkedIn members around the world? Will you use groups, blog posts, review your activity feed, updates to all of LinkedIn, etc.?
2. Respond. It’s imperative that you make the most of every interaction to lead members to taking the next step with you.
3. Connect. After you’ve provided value to a fellow LinkedIn member and they’ve engaged with you, ask if they want to connect. This last part is critical because it will keep your account from getting restricted.
4. Follow up. Use a template so it’s highly automated and personalize the template with your new contact’s first name. Offer something of value for free when they visit your website. When they accept your offer, they’ll start receiving your newsletter sharing still more of your expertise as well as promotional emails. This is an important key to creating amazing results because it increases the know, like and trust factor.
5. Update. Post 4 updates a day, with the right mix of content and promotion. Use HootSuite to preschedule your posts in 5 minutes each morning.
6. Message. Message your contacts regularly to keep you top of mind with them. Depending on how many contacts you have either use your LinkedIn Inbox to do it 50 at a time or import your contacts to a email marketing service like MailChimp (free for up to 2,000 subscribers). IMPORTANT: Your message must be valuable so it doesn’t get reported as spam. If you get spam reports, your account could be restricted or closed.
If you want more details on how to quickly and easily get better results from LinkedIn, click here to qualify for your complimentary LinkedIn Results strategy session with me to explore that and to find out what you can do to have a results breakthrough. I have a limited number of appointments available and request that only people who are serious about dramatically increasing their results on LinkedIn apply for a time to talk.
Question: What can you do this week to ensure LinkedIn works for you and gets you RESULTS?
© 2013 ChristineHueber.com
WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR NEWSLETTER OR WEB SITE? You can, as long as you include this complete text with it:
“Marketing mentor Christine Hueber teaches business owners and entrepreneurs around the world how to create and manage profitable marketing that easily gets them more clients. Get her FREE report ‘Top 10 LinkedIn Success Secrets for Entrepreneurs’ at www.ChristineHueber.com”